Wednesday, April 22, 2009

To that last post:

I think that first paragraph was pointing me in a much different direction, I just failed to heed. What I was feeling, but lost in words, is how blessed I am. I mentioned the whole "unconditional love" thing with a much broader picture in mind. God loved us while we were yet sinners. (Rom. 5:8) Reminds me of my parents who love me and sacrifice for me in this sinful state.
And now I have Drew, who I would say, loves me in spite of myself. That, although, is not wholly true, he loves me because of myself. No matter what I say, do, or look like, he loves me "unconditionally." In a marriage the husband resembles Christ and loves His bride just as Christ loves the Church and gave himself for her. (Eph. 5:25) In Drew I have seen the pursuit and persistance, and that is very comforting. I know he would do anything for me. He left what he knew and came down to Texarkana not sure of the end result. He didn't ask for an easy way out. I'm not saying this gives way to my own complacency. In fact, the opposite seems to happen. Since I can rest in his love for me I want to be better and continue to grow with him. I am so blessed to have this physical example of unconditional love in Drew. It's not just something I think about when reciting TULIP, but something I can see in his face.

No comments: