Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Prevailing Perversity can be depressing, but it doesn't have to be.

There are many who are not taught to live for God and please Him. So they live for themselves and please their bodies. I just heard a story and my ears felt violated, so I won't relay it, but in this Romanesque time of debauch, perverse acts that Hollywood and the media cling to, I find comfort in the words of Psalm 130:

Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with you, that You may be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning-- Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

And remember, "But for the grace of God, go I." We are human, just like they, and are capable of the same sins, physically speaking. But Christianly speaking why do we refrain from vile acts? In the words of Paul, "yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Cor. 15:10)

No comments: