Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mexican coffee

I better write this down before I forget! This was sooo good this morning:

1 cinnamon stick
3/4-1 c. half-n-half
1/4-1/3c. raw cane sugar (I've been trying to use that more lately instead of the refined white stuff, look at what Moscow is doing to me.)
1/2c. finely chopped dark chocolate
1 T finely grated fresh orange peel

5 cups (aw, make it 6) hot black coffee

I admit this was a bit of a process, but here goes in case you're feeling gourmet some morning. Place cinnamon and 1/2&1/2 in covered saucepan on low (this can also be accomplished via microwave). Meanwhile chop, grate, and combine next three ingredients in blender. Ad interim brew or press coffee, whatever it takes to get it good, strong, and hot. Blend mixture that is in blender until finely ground and thoroughly mixed. Add coffee, and as you firmly press down on the lid of the blender, mix again (this is where it tried to break free), until rather frothy, then add cream and mix again. Can add back to saucepan to get good and hot. Yummy! This is the best coffee I've had in a long time. Pour into three 12 oz. cups or four regular size.

2 comments:

The R said...

I am so making this!!!!

Dixie said...

you might want to change recipe to say how much choc and discard cinn stk. I strained my coffee cause I don't like orange thingies on the bottom. :o)