Saturday, August 15, 2015

I will be a grandma one day and when I am...

I want to remember these days that are "so hard" or "overwhelming." I want to remember these days, not so I can look back and moan but because I will be a grandma one day. My kids will have little kids who wake them up all hours of every night and 5 a.m. sharp. They too will look in the fridge at 5 p.m. saying, "Oh no! I don't know WHAT we are having for dinner." And when I come to visit them I want to be the grandma who takes a blanket and a toddler or two to sit on the porch and watch the sun rise. I want to be the grandma who brings dinner over "just because". I want to be a grandma who tells bedtime stories and builds forts. And most of all I want to be a grandma who opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is always on my tongue. (Proverbs 31:26)

No comments: